Monday, March 15, 2010

Last run...

From a rocky perch looking straight down the throat of Rock Chute, my friends, Rick Kunkle and Cory Rice, filmed my last run in Mammoth. I wish I had a picture of it, but just being there was enough. Even though some unanticipated chunder coming out of a toe turn put me on my ass and sent me sliding down towards one of the walls of the chute, there was deep powder below the choke that rewarded my exit with bottomless turns. Then Rick and Cory each chose a chute off the Perch and laid down some amazing fresh tracks with good style. We finished our run down the Sherwins together, ripping through the trees, savoring every turn before gliding through the Aspen grove and out onto the flats towards the golf course. We hiked out, hit the road, and got on the Red Line, capping off a day that was as good as they come. Adios, muchachos! To your health!





No comments:

Post a Comment