Wednesday, June 23, 2010

May 4: Pre-Service Training

Okay, just finished my first month of PST, and I wanted to share some thoughts. The countless cross-cultural experiences I've been living through every day have been amazing. If I wrote down every interesting detail of a typical day here, I wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Pre-Service Training is a very busy time during which I am learning the Kyrgyz language and culture, as well as how to be a teacher. It is supposed to be stressful. It's kind of like drinking from a fire hose, actually. But, I get to hang out with other Americans, and we're all in this together. When we are placed in our permanent sites, and each of us are the only Americans in our villages, I know I'll miss these days. So, even though we are being micro-managed, which I don't like, I'm savoring every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment